Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wedding Cupcakes

My mom's friend from work wanted me to decorate cupcakes for her daughters wedding. I had no idea what they wanted me to do to 150 cupcakes, but when I got there all they wanted was a quick swirl on the top of each one. I made my White Russian Cupcakes with Kahlua whipped frosting with mini-chocolate chips on top. They had made the rest. I believe there was banana, chocolate, and coconut. My mom went to the wedding and took the pictures. I think it only took me about forty-five minutes to do all the cupcakes. 
I will warn anyone who is making icing, if it calls for butter, please, please use butter! Not margarine. Actually this applies to any recipe but most importantly for icing. My mom's friend's son was making the icing and substituting margarine for butter. They are NOT the same. As I was icing the cupcakes, I could smell the grossness of the margarine and I am assuming people could taste it too! Whenever you are baking and the recipe calls for butter, use butter. If you don't have butter, make a trip to the grocery store and get a brick of butter! Trust me, it'll be worth your time!!

Kaits :)
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...