Monday, June 10, 2013

Fresh Flower Wedding Cake

I am always so thrilled when a couple asks me to make their wedding cake. I've been lucky enough to please three happy couples so far, with some more coming in the future. 

Kassidy and Michael wanted a tiered white cake with buttercream frosting for their wedding and other than that, they let me take creative control! I was so happy to take this project on because I have never made a tiered wedding cake before and I knew I was up for the challenge! 



I had a whole bunch of fun putting together this wedding cake. I spent a day baking the cakes and another day was spent icing and putting everything together. I was so excited to ice the cake and put my first tiered wedding cake together that I somehow missed baking one of the cakes! I came back to my cake the next day with enough time to ice everything together and realized my mistake. To say the least it was chaos in the kitchen for a while, but everything turned out just fine! 



On the day of the wedding, I attached some BEAUTIFUL fresh flowers that coordinated with everything and that were set aside for the cake. I played around with them for a while until I got them to sit just the way I liked them. I've got to say, the fresh flowers were the PERFECT finishing touch to the cake!





The beautiful bride and her groom were thrilled with the cake and how it all came together. By the sounds of it, they were eating it all through the next day! 

*All the cake pictures were done by Oriana Skiba Photography & Design. Make sure to go check out her Facebook page and throw in a like.

KAITS 


Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...