Thursday, March 28, 2013

Guinness Goodness

If you were to ask me what my favourite type of beer is, it's likely that I would mention any kind of stout. Although I am a fan of many beers, especially craft beers, my favourite of all is something dark, creamy, and filled with dark roasted flavours. Guinness has all the essentials for my favourite type of beer, which is why I love it. Its an Irish stout that is loved world wide!

Its nothing new that Guinness is a great beer to cook and bake with, and by no means did I come up with this recipe. I thought I would make these delicious Guinness cupcakes topped with Bailey's Irish Cream frosting for St. Patrick's Day! Cooking and baking with Guinness shouldn't just be limited to an Irish holiday, so I have big plans of doing more baking with Guinness in the near future. It offers wonderful flavours and pairs well alongside anything chocolatey! 

When I found this recipe, I was all over it - I knew I had to make them! It was a quick and easy recipe to whip together and the house smelled like delicious Guinness as I was baking. The cupcake itself turned out really moist, light and flavourful. I whipped up a batch of chocolate ganche and filled the inside of the cupcake to offer and rich chocolate experience. I topped these guys with a frosting made up of Bailey's Irish Cream, to keep the St. Patricks Day theme alive!

 If you would like to give this recipe a try, Click Here, and follow Sharyn at Living Artfully! 

Kaits 
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...